Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Get By with a Little Help from my Friends (Family)


I thought I would take a minute to share an email that I received from my darling only sibling:

My dearest sister. As I recall, you have gone over 13 days of lying to yourself about your true nature. To this end, we can perpetuate the fantasy that you are not Imelda Isis Woobie of the xxxxxxx Woobies. Please to forward me a link to an item of no importance to you that represents your former life. In this way, we can all move forward with your inevitable relapse. The 13th step is the best. Love your brother.

I got quite a chuckle over this one- and you can bet that I sent him a few links. Have a fabulous day everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Only a brother can treat you like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so hilarious! I hope you sent him a link and I hope you had a few new things under your tree from Lynchburg;) You are doing terrific..I know how hard it is and that there are weak moments (I have done this before) but you will find it gets easier..esp. if you have established some goals or important bucket list items that you can save for.
    I love that you have a counter up there in the right hand corner..WHAT a reality check, though! Keep up the good work in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Jeffie's email. Funny runs in the family. I miss you so I looked at your site. I couldn't remember the name,so I goggled something close and it came up!! Did you have metatags, girl?:) I love you and I'm glad you didn't stray over the holiday. The tough part is over. Now, it's so cold there that you will not be tempted by cute peep toes or flimsy sweater sets. Go flannel. Woolrich here comes Woobie. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hearing how things are going....I really need to stop shopping JCrew too and really look to your blog for support. I hope you can find the time to post more often:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT a reality check, though! Keep up the good work in 2010!

    ladies lingerie

    ReplyDelete