Monday, November 23, 2009

Face down in a pile of tissue tees?

No- I think not. No relapse here in case you are wondering where I've been- it has NOT been my B&M. It has been a crazy few weeks between work heating-up, my son's 9th birthday, and a funeral out of town to support a good friend who lost her brother way before his time. I can't make sense of it, and no J Crew seems so trivial. As we head into Thanksgiving I am feeling very grateful for my wonderful family and friends. I will be breaking out a very old pair of JC shoes for turkey day- they are grey flannel with square buckles and hubby calls them my pilgrim shoes (I will try to snap an IRL pic on Thursday because they make me laugh).
Here is OOTD:


OOTD
OOTD by Woobie featuring GAP

I really must be making some progress here and I toot my horn of abstinence for this reason: the JC December catalog arrived last week and I have yet to open it. It feels like I have freed up more time in my day than I care to admit which is a great thing. We'll see how I do as we head into that shop shoppiest time of the year. So what's everyone wearing for Thanksgiving? Any other pilgrim shoes out there?


12 comments:

  1. No pilgrim shoes here, but I will wear my black suede Juliets. We are going out for Thanksgiving lunch at my in-laws club, so I am wearing a simple outfit of black pants, white tee and light peri Jackie cardi with some jewelry to sparkle it up.

    So sorry to hear about your friends brother. It was nice that you were able to give your support at such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cooking at home. Can't decide how dressy or casual I want to go. The outfit would be just for myself. No one else will really dress up. *lol*

    Sounds like you're good overall. Yay on that. Yes, very sweet of you to be there for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for you Woobie! I'm really glad to see you are doing so well with your ban. :)

    I haven't decided on my Thanksgiving day outfit yet. I'm a real *mood* dresser so it's hard for me to decide my outfit too far ahead of time, but I'm sure it will be something *dressy casual*. :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait if not opening the JCREW catalouge has freed up more time, where's the 40 hour week? :) It also has freed up more money. SO book that Poly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see those pilgrim shoes!!
    Hope your Thanksgiving week is really wonderful! It will be a relief not to be shopping with the crowds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read your posts. I really need to not shop for a year too. Like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy- your outfit sounds great, I love the light peri. Thanks.

    Gigi- I ready your post on Thanksgiving day dishes and I am still hungry after reading everyones' favorites! Have a great time as hostess with the mostess.

    FFM- Thank you for the encouragement. Whatever you end up wearing, it will be fabulous I am sure, as your outfits always are.

    Tink- I need all the extra time I can find to track these WW points (and think about how hungry I am)!

    DaniBP- Don't you worry- I'll get pics posted.

    Summer- thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are doing so well. So sorry to hear about your friend's brother. These events do make one stop and think, don't they?

    Not sure yet about Turkey Day. Prob black Minnies with black/cr striped sweater (the in-store only one), black ballet flats. Comfy, stretchy, conceals tummy bulgies...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and love it. What a smart idea. I am hoping your strength will rub off on me and inspire me to shop my closet more often!!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Looking forward to reading more posts from you soon. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was nice that you were able to give your support at such a difficult time.

    ladies lingerie

    ReplyDelete