Thursday, October 22, 2009

OK, I Feel Pretty Good About This

And that my friends was my quote of the day that brought the house down. I said it with conviction, sincerity and was met with laughter. Apparently my credibility is in question as I am still a shopper, and the statement was made during the final hours of shopping frenzy. Maybe I will be curled in a ball tomorrow, but it is my birthday, and I am going with it. Speaking of my birthday, thank you friends and family for making me feel so special. I must pause and share what my thoughtful Dad gave me for my birthday. A Sony flatscreen tv. Kind of cute that he did his own shopping- not quite a vacuum, and I hate to draw lines in the gender sand, but I found it highly amusing. Was hubby in cahoots?
I did a little more Happy Birthday to Me shopping to day, and I have 2 1/2 hours left to finish. Today was all about the foot.

I have a cart full of tshirts, the khaki minnies and the campo in beechwood; not sure why I am dragging my feet. I stopped by two more B&M- not a dream sweater to be found. I need to tie up some loose ends on the rules here.

Final ruling on kids clothing- I will limit the shopping to replacing things they ruin or need for school events. I am not going to pick specific stores- because there are only a few places I can buy pants for each anyway. As long as I stay away from the Crewcuts I think it is ok.

Gifts that I receive- if I receive a gift card, I can use it but I am not going to set up any type of lifeline for occasional cheating.

And I need to clarify no buying home furnishings. If something breaks or is inoperable, I will fix and replace if necessary (I am thinking about the light fixture in my entryway that is fried and needs to be replaced). So that's it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride- let's see how much vintage crew I can wear in a year.

3 comments:

  1. All I have to say is THANK YOU for making me laugh so much yesterday- I surely needed it even at the expense of you totally determined & serious quotes. I am still laughing about this..... Because truly how could you NOT feel good about this after 4 pairs of shoes, one horse shirt & one chair later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Woobie! I am finally catching up on all of your posts and just absolutely loving everything! I am SO proud of you for taking this on and looking forward to following your progress over the next year. :)

    ReplyDelete