Monday, October 26, 2009

The Sunday Paper Ads

Yet another ritual that I am now re-working. Getting up before everyone else, brewing my decaf (yes, decaf.......that is another post on the glories of aging) and settling in with the paper- always first the ads. So the ads sat there untouched- and I skipped my morning surfing the sales session too. It ended up being a Mother/son day while hubby stayed home tending to recovering daughter. Church, Halloween costume shopping, and haircut for my son and his mop top. A stunning Fall day- and no need for the 60 day rule on the Molly Peeps- I broke them out in a hurry. LOVE THEM (hear me sing from the mountain tops). And BTW- the woman snipping my son's hair commented on the cuteness of the Molly thank you very much.10/25 Mom/Son Day
10/25 Mom/Son Day by Woobie featuring J Crew

It's Monday morning and I am still in my pj's so no what I am wearing post today. One more day home with my almost better daughter and I am heading into the office tomorrow. I'll shoot for an IRL.

I'll sign-off with this parting thought. Exactly how much time do you spend doing shopping activities in your daily routine? Between surfing, visiting stores, calling a store to see if they have something in stock (come on, we've all done it), reading blogs, thinking about a must have item- what's your damage? It's a tough one, but I will estimate in my not too distant past somewhere between 1-2 hours depending on the day.

5 comments:

  1. *lol* Too many hours to count, I am sure. It's all intertwined w/my blog now so it's gotta be 3+ hours/day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Woobie, I just found your blog. I, too, am on a clothes shopping diet until the end of the year, just to see if I can do it. I have too much stuff and need to learn to work with what's already in my closet.

    The first couple of weeks weren't so hard, as I still had some boxes coming. And, I told myself if I returned something I still had that amount in "play." And, rewards cards don't count, because they have to be used by the end of the year, right? So, I am plotting what I'm going to buy with mine and hope that it arrives before the free shipping codes end!

    I still spend quite a lot of time perusing the fashion blogs. (Also I've been sick so spending some bored time at home.) I try to tell myself that I'll pick up new styling tips for what I already own, but often it just leaves me craving that one little additional item! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think for us online shoppers it is easy to go into the abyss. Check ebay for JCrew, then over to actual JCrew, read some blogs and have one's interest piqued with other items...AHHH! It's so easy to get sucked in!
    I too am trying not to shop JC for awhile. I still have some waitlisted things coming from JC, but I told myself "Enough" back in September and it is now time to get serious! I think it just becomes a habit, out of boredom or whatever.
    Of course if I continue to check out the JC sale section every single day I will be tempted, so it may be time to reign that in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gigi- I am in awe of all that you are able to get done. All those great posts.

    Hexicon- Safety in numbers, it feels better knowing that you are on the shopping diet! So rewards cards are out in time for free shipping- what is that special item going to be? (I didn't get one- surely a sign).

    DaniBP- From the sounds of the latest JCA post, the sale section is taking a beating....That's good news for me. Less temptation (instead I can spend time drooling over the crew scarf you posted!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I've been delinquent in reading - I really want to support your venture here. So educational for all of us. How much time do I spend? Too much probably. I remember when I used to walk into JC or BR and go OMG I LOVE THAT! without having seen it online - that sense of discovery - doesn't happen very often anymore.

    I *love* the shopping diet term that you & Hexicon are using - I've been giving a lot of thought to gluttony as a concept - and the link between bouts of bad shopping habits and bad eating habits. I think I have a post brewing but haven't cemented it yet. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete